There are 114 Chakras in our human body and Chakras represents a meeting point where several energy points meet. Out of these 114 Chakras the most important Chakras are the 7 Chakras.
The Human Body can be regulated and controlled by the mind if all the 7 chakras are in alignment and properly controlled. Each of these seven chakras are at different strategic points in the human body and they are meant for controlling and regulating our emotions and instincts. Each Chakra has a connotation and is also associated with a colour.
These Seven Chakras are Mooladhara Chakra (Root or Base); Svadishtan Chakra (Sacral); Manipurak Chakra (Solar Plexus); Anahat Chakra (Heart); Vishuddha Chakra (Throat); Agya Chakra (Brow or Third Eye) and Sahasrara Chakra (Crown). While the six chakras are in the body the Seventh Chakra which is Sahasrara Chakra is just above the body. These chakras are aligned and arranged along the backbone in our human body.
The smooth flow of energy through the human body is extremely critical and important for our health. A very healthy body would mean perfectly aligned body with all the 7 chakras well synchronized and aligned for smooth flow of energy.
Blocked energy in our seven chakras can often lead to illness, so it's important to understand what each chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely. Here's our quick summary:
1. Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
2. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above the heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra — The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
All meditation and yoga systems seek to balance out the energy of the chakras by purifying the lower energies and guiding them upwards.
17th June 2016