Thursday, May 10, 2012

FOND MEMORIES

I got a message from Sam today morning informing the NCR Group (we have a group called NCR Group wherein many of those who did Articleship for Chartered Accountancy in N.C.Rajagopal & Co., Chennai during the early 80s are members) that today is the wedding anniversary of one of our senior colleague Anil Kumar Reddy.

Within minutes I traced the mobile number of Anil Kumar Reddy and called him to wish him on the 25th Wedding Anniversay.  I had spoken to him four years back when I was in Chennai and luckily had his mobile number written down in my old telephone index.  It was really a pleasant moment to get in touch with some one after a long gap that too on an auspicious day.

Anil Kumar Reddy is a business owner and has been running a packaging industry in Chennai for the last three decades.  A very successful business man and thanks to Google I came to know today that he is a recipient of 
"SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD" for his outstanding contribution to the development of Corrugated Packaging Industry and he received the award from Sri Kiran Kumar Reddy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh during the Inaugural Function of 39th Federation of Corrugated Box Manufacturers Conference at Hyderabad on 10.12.2010.  He is looking exactly the same after 25 years.

 
I attended the wedding of Anil Kumar Reddy in 1987 and today morning Sam's message took me through a blissful journey down the memory lane 25 years backwards.  I was appearing for Chartered Accountancy Final Exams in May 1987 and had exemption in one paper and utilised that opportunity to travel to Tirupathi to attend the wedding which was on Sunday 10th May 1987.

The wedding was a very grand celebration for three days in Tirupathi.  The Marriage Hall was newly built on Tirupathi - Tiruchanur Road and was full or people.  

On the way back in the bus I discussed about a Software Company proposal with my friends Vasu and Venkatadri and our Partnership Firm "User Friendly Systems" was born on the way back from Tirupathi to Chennai.

I came back to Chennai and wrote the last exam "Cost Systems and Cost Control" and completed my Chartered Accountancy in May 1987.

It is always very pleasant to go through fond memories of the past.  It is very good to go down the memory lane once in a while.  Thanks Sam for giving me this wonderful experience this morning.

T.P.Anand
Dubai, U.A.E.
10th May 2012

2 comments:

  1. I normally record the anniversaries and birthdays of friends and acquaintances in my diary or calendar.

    I do not, however, recollect how and when I got Anil's wedding anniversary recorded in my database.

    I felt so happy that I remembered him on his Silver Jubilee year of wedded life. I have been to his house once and even though I was much junior to him in CA, he made me very comfortable. I still remember the delicious food served by his wife.

    I also remember the super arrangements he made for me and the audit team comprising of VC, Shobha, Radha and Sridhar when we were doing Vijayawada branch audit. Two of his friends turned up and took as around Vijayawada.

    There is also that memory of our Pichavaram backwaters trip.

    One of Anil's most famous achievement is that he didn't clear even the CC papers for CA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anand for your blog, I had saved his mobile earlier, by which I was able to reach him today & wish him. He was so thrilled, to get calls after so many years.

    As Sam said, we were very juniors to him during articles, even infact he had completed his articles, when I joined my articles, but he was so nice and caring. Wishing Anil Kumar Reddy and his wife, a very happy wedding anniversary and you live to celebrate golden jubilee of your wedding day.

    ReplyDelete