Wednesday, November 6, 2013

SEVEN MOTHERS


As per the Hindu Shastras there are seven mothers for all of us.  The first mother is the Cow because Cow gives the Milk to the pregnant woman and in turn the Mother gives milk to the Child.  Our real mother who gave birth to us is the second mother as the first mother is the Cow.

The Third Mother is the Guru-Patni who is the wife of our Guru.  The Fourth Mother is King's Wife - Raja-Patnika.  The wife of a Brahmana is also a mother - Brahmani.  The Nurse who has helped in our birth is also a mother - Dhatri.  Earth is also a mother as we derive all the food for our living from mother Earth - Prthvi.

  1. Kamadhenu - Cow
  2. Matha - the Real Mother
  3. Guru Patni - Guru's Wife
  4. Raja-Patnika - King's Wife or Queen
  5. Brahmani - Brahman's Wife
  6. Prthvi - Earth
  7. Dhatri - Nurse

I know Cow and I worship Cow for being the first mother.  I know my real mother and respect her a lot for whatever she has done to me, my father and my siblings.  She is the most intelligent woman I have ever met in my existence of the last 50 years.  My Guru lived 100 years as a Sanyasi and hence the Guru's Wife is not applicable in my case.  I was born in Independent India and hence there was no King and thus the Raja Patnika is not applicable in my case.  Having been born in a Brahmin Family I know a lot of Brahmani in my own family and amongst relatives.  Mother Earth is giving everything for us and I do respect her a lot.  I do not know my Dhatri who helped my mother during my delivery.  All I know is I was born in Gosha Hospital in Pycrofts Road, Triplicane, Chennai.

If you know the seven mothers then worship all of them.  This is a very nice song on Mother sung by Yesudos in a Tamil Film and I am sure you will enjoy this song:



Enjoy Life.  Respect your Mother.

Regards,
T.P.Anand
Dubai, U.A.E.
6th November 2013


1 comment: