Saturday, November 19, 2016

SELF MOTIVATION



People who are enthusiastic and ambitious are generally self motivated.  They do not need any pressure from outside to motivate themselves as they are self motivated.  They get ignited to initiate action on new challenges.  They show an uncanny willingness to take up new challenges and are not afraid of making mistakes as they are confident that these mistakes will teach them a few lessons and help them improve.  The self-motivated people are driven by Optimism, Goal Orientation and clarity in communication.  On most occasions these people would be communicating within themselves.



Organisations are struggling to motivate people and get the best out of their employees.  I feel it is a waste of time trying to motivate people.  Instead of motivating people it is important to hire the right people for the right jobs.  The right people are self-motivated and hence always give their best.




People who need to be motivated and need the external pressure from outside always will have reasons to explain their inaction as there are several actions which seem impossible for them.  The Self-motivated will always see the "possible" within the "impossible" and start acting on every goal with specific plan.


I have wondered sometimes at the remarkable results achieved by me at certain times.  When I look back to see how I got motivated on my own and how I managed to derive such results, I have invariably seen the root cause being "Self Belief".  "Believe in yourself" and find ways and means of staying focused on every task.



 At the beginning or at the conceptual stage every task is looming large and looking like an elephant.  This is overwhelming and some times intimidating.  If the task can be properly defined, understood and if a plan of action is put in place with the necessary baby steps required to achieve and attain the Goal, then the elephant does look comprehensible.


I have faced situations in the past wherein the task is undertaken by me on a voluntary basis and then the whole task had to be defined by me.  The goal setting had to be done by me with specific timelines and milestones to be achieved.  At regular intervals I have myself made the evaluation of the progress and criticized my own progress or lack of it.  However, the entire exercise has always ended up as a great learning experience.


For people who lack self-motivation this may look like a self inflicted pain.  But the self-motivated persons this is another opportunity to learn or improve.  The sense of satisfaction and fulfillment at the end of the task is unmeasurable.   Every step taken by Self-motivated is a step towards success.  The moral of the story and my personal experience is "Self-motivated seldom fails".

T.P.Anand
Dubai, U.A.E.
19th November 2016

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic article and in fact needed one for many. I too believe in the same lines and I think being self-motivated to undertake certain tasks should not be matched with the end results and started. One need to see the closest end result i.e. First step results of the entire task. - Vijayasarathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. TP, for those who know you, this is article epitomises you...well written! Rameshfinman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anand

    Good article. Self-motivation as a great tool for learning and ingredient for success is nicely explained.

    Thank you for sharing an insightful and thought provoking article.

    Regards
    Sam
    Kuwait

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anand Sir, nice article. i also believe that If I listen to my inner voice and follow it rather what outer voices pushe me to do, I always stay motivated and passionate thus getting good results.

    Regards, Kapil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi uncle,
    Its a good time for me to be reading such an article by you.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Gaurav Keswani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear TP,
    Enlightening article with simplicity; zooming in on thoughts, beliefs & faith of winners & achievers.

    Intrinsically motivated to look forward to your next blog ;)

    Best wishes,
    Mohan D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks TP - welcome back to writing - pls keep writing and sending me your articles which I enjoy reading.

    Suresh Guruswamy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir,

    Very nice. Went through the article. Felt like T P really talks. I like the sentence - hire the right people for the right jobs and they are automatically self motivated.

    keep sending the link as and how you write sir. Would love to read. One day, I will write.

    Nagabhushan Balaji

    ReplyDelete