Thursday, December 29, 2016

CHO RAMASWAMY


Cho Ramaswamy left this world on 7th December 2016 after spending 82 glorious and fearless years. He was a great personality with abundant wealth of knowledge, wisdom, wit and humour.  As a child I enjoyed his portrayal of comedy scenes in Movies and enjoyed his Drama though many dialogues which were penned to attack the politicians could not be understood by me at that age.

I have seen many of his Stage Plays like Unmaye Unn Vilai Enna; Mohammed Bin Thuglak; Judgement Reserved; Nermai Urangum Neram; Yaarukkum Vetkam Illai and Endru Thaniyum Enda Sudandira Dhaagam.

In his Drama - Yaarukkum Vetkamillai there is a dialogue " Confusion can come only to persons who are capable of thinking.  One who does not think will never get confused".  What a statement and how true it is in real life.  I get confused quite often and once the confusion is cleared I feel doubly happy - one for getting clarity and other for having been thinking.

I had the privilege of meeting him in Shri.T.T.Vasu's house and feel I was honoured to meet the man in close quarters and be part of a brief conversation.  Despite his age, position, stature he was so humble and simple in front of Shri.T.T.Vasu who was his ex-boss.  Cho has worked for 18 years in TTK Group as Legal Adviser and I am privileged to have worked for the same Group much later than him.

He says "everything has been happening to me" and narrates how he became a playwright; actor; publisher; etc.  Watch this interview which clearly shows the genius in this man:




He says everything that he has done is part of the profession and not any kind of a service to the nation.  He says his strength is he will not tell a lie.  "Whatever I feel as justified I will express those ideas or views" he says.



I have always admired him for his wit, satire, comedy, spontaneity, sarcasm, courage, wisdom, quick reflex and common sense approach.

Long Live Cho Ramaswamy through his great words and works.

T.P.Anand
29th December 2016
Dubai, U.A.E.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Anand, as usual a well written blog. You should see the upload on you tube where jaya visits him in the hospital - a very touching one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anand
    Nice piece on Cho. We have all grown up admiring him and his wit. The Thuglag anniversary function was a 'must attend' for many of us for the sheer pleasure of listening to Cho.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Regards
    Rajagopalan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your blog on one of the legends of our time and share the same view. During my younger days, I used to read Thuglak regularly. Cho was a very bold genius without much disguise.

    ReplyDelete