Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Twin Numbers


I am always fascinated by Numbers. I was born on 3rd June 1963 (3-6-63) and it is a nice coincidence that I have the mirror image of the first two numbers and I also have two twin numbers in my date of birth. I am also blessed with Twin Sons.
The twin numbers 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88 and 99 can occur in our life in several ways. There are two sets of these which I would like to examine in my own life. First set of twin numbers is the Calendar Years – being a person born in 1963 I have so far seen 66, 77, 88, 99 & 00 so far. I am waiting to experience the year 11 which is next year (2011). In terms of age I have experienced ages 11, 22, 33, 44.
If I end up living for another 45 years then I would have the experience of seeing 11, 22, 33, 44, 55 (leading upto 2055 – my age will be 92). This would mean that I would see all the twin numbers in the Calendar Years. In terms of seeing all the twin numbers in age I have live till I complete 99 years which will be 2062.
In Numerology the numbers 11, 22 and 33 are considered to be very powerful numbers. In real life my experience, on both Calendar Years as well as age, with the twin numbers has been very challenging.
At age 11 (1974) I had the biggest challenge of transiting from Bharathi Bala Bhavan (there were only 8 of us in 5th Standard and only one Section) to Hindu High School (there were 50 students in each section and there were 12 Sections). Getting admission into Hindu High School itself was a big challenge as I could not get through the Entrance Test. The first question in the test was “What is your Father” and I wrote “My father is T.R.Parthasarathy”. Much later I came to know that I am supposed to explain what he is doing in his profession or vocation. It took a great deal of effort for my father to secure my admission in 6th Standard in Hindu High School. Luckily my father uncle Shri.Gopala Iyengar was a teacher in Hindu High School and through his influence I managed to get into the school.
Age 22 (1985) posed the best and most challenging task of clearing CA Final that too within the statutory Articleship period of 3 years. It was a very tough and challenging year as I was drawn between the Articleship Training and Studies. I was engaged in several Audits simultaneously and could not devote time for my studies. Finally I decided to go ahead with a three month study holidays and prepare for CA Final. I went to my sister’s house in Bangalore on study leave but was called back by the Audit Firm. My leave was cancelled and my dreams of clearing CA Final within Articleship was shattered as I got busy with the Audit of a company and ended up completing the assignment after a huge struggle of 4 months.
Age 33 (1996) was the most challenging year in terms of career. I had done well by setting up branches for TT Travels (Forex Division) all over India and showed consistent performance in the Money Exchange Bureau business for two years in succession. When things were looking well settled and hunky dory I took the decision of resigning my job to set up Professional Practice in Chennai. I shifted my family from Bangalore to Chennai and started on my own. I neither had money (savings to take care of family needs) nor had any contacts to bring in professional work. It was a huge challenge to manage the profession/career aspirations whilst trying to satisfy the family needs.
Age 44 (2007) was an emotionally challenging year. Having worked in Koohiji for 6 ½ years I had to take a tough decision of resigning my job as there was a dire need for me get back to Chennai. My Twin Boys (Ashwath and Akshay) were approaching their final School Board Exams (12th Standard). I went back to India from Dubai towards the end of 2007 to be with the family. I also had to get the Engineering Admission for both of them. The biggest relief was the sweet and nice ending that happened in age 44 – I took my wife and sons for Europe Tour.
I do not recall any special challenges faced during the Calendar Years 66, 77, 88, 99 and 00.
Life poses several challenges and while we are faced with challenges we feel pressurized. It is always good to look back at those challenging times and how we faced those challenges. Hindsight is always 20: 20 (perfect) but when we are in that situation we may not always take the best or most practical decisions. These challenges do teach a lesson or two which comes in handy at a later stage in life. I am happy that these twin numbers in my age have posed those challenges as it has taught me the right lessons and helped in “personality development”.
T.P.Anand, Dubai, U.A.E.
3rd June 2010

2 comments:

  1. Anand,

    Would like to get in touch with you. It's been a long time. Ping me on Facebook or Gmail (taramanujam)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anand, very nicely written. Perhaps numbers could be sheer coincidence but to relate them so nicely requires strong observation and nice presentation skills. Yes getting into Hindu High School was by itself a recognition those days. - Regards
    Sampathkumar

    ReplyDelete