Monday, October 15, 2012

SRIVAARI DARSANAM


Tirupathi is my native place and I visit the temple in Tirumala as often as possible.  My elders used to say that the visit to the temple will happen only when the lord wishes.  Any amount of planning and arrangements is not enough unless the lord calls us to visit the temple.  The successful trip to the temple is possible only if there is Lord Venkateswara's blessing and approval.  I have made several trips without any planning or thinking.  It has happened all of a sudden.  I have also gone to the temple and returned back to Chennai without having the darshan of the lord.

Myself and my wife are in the queue.  We have been standing in the queue for a long time and suddenly the queue started moving fast.  We were quite happy and excited about the quick movement in the queue.  We came near the main entrance of the temple and I told my wife in another 30 minutes we will finish the darshan and can be out of the temple.  We then moved towards the Dwajasthambam and in a short while we were near the main sannadhi.

As we are nearer to the Perumal Sannadhi there is a talk that the queue system will be stopped for few hours as they are going to close the temple.  I was praying in my mind that I should get the darshan in this batch so that I do not have to continue another few hours of waiting.

When we approached the perumal sannadhi i realised that only me and my wife were inside the Sannadhi and the queue has been stopped behind us.  We have now entered the Sannadhi and find that the view is completely blocked as they have closed the door.  My heart is pounding and I do not know what to do and look at my wife and she says let us wait.  One of the TTD employees appears in front of me and says wait for five minutes we will open the door and you can have darshan of the Lord.

I am standing on the left side of the Sannadhi and my wife is standing on the right side and we are both patiently waiting.  There is no one else in the Perumal Sannadhi.  After few minutes the door slowly opens and we are in front of Lord Venkateshwara.  What a surprise he is lying down in a sleeping posture.  Lord Venkateshwara opened his eyes and smiled at me and my wife.  We both are standing with our hands folded and we made namaskaram to the Lord.

In Tirumala Temple the Lord Venkateshwara is standing and giving darshan to the devotees.  I am wondering why he is lying down and smiling at me.  I then quickly realised that the temple is closed for few hours and the lord himself is taking rest.  We are truly blessed to be standing in front of Lord Venkateshwara and also extremely blessed and fortunate that we see him while he is resting and not giving darshan.  Having seen us both though he is resting and sleeping he opened his eyes and blessed us.

I was then thinking only in Srirangam the lord is in sleeping posture whereas in Tirupathi he is in standing posture.  Then I was thinking whether this is all happening for real in front of my own eyes.

At this moment I got up with a jolt and saw the clock it was 5.30 a.m. and I was lying in my bed in Dubai.

I have had several dreams in my life and this is the best dream I have seen so far.  My heart was filled with joy, happiness, fulfillment and an undesirable sense of satisfaction when I woke up today morning.

Sarvam Shree Krishnaarpanam.  God is Great.



T.P.Anand
Dubai, U.A.E.
15th October 2012

2 comments:

  1. Dear Anand, Often thoughts become deeds. What we intensely pray is sure to happen and perhaps sooner you will have darshan at the holy Tirumala. Rgds - Sampath

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord in, near, around, surround, far, feel, .......
    Words penetrate the devotion to high standards!
    Thanks for the experience!
    BagavadeEswar S

    ReplyDelete