Friday, October 12, 2012

TP TOURS



TP Tours is a name coined by my second son Akshay Anand.  I am very fond of driving around the city to show my visitors and friends different parts of the city.

I enjoyed taking people around Singapore when I lived there and I was especially happy to go to Sentosa Island.  After I moved to Dubai I have been doing the same here.  I am especially happy to take my guests to "Palm Jumeira" which is a man made island in Dubai.  May be it is a coincidence or may be at the back of my mind I have an affinity towards islands.

Touring Dubai and other emirates in UAE can be an exciting and very interesting experience.  I do not waste even one weekend as I love to drive around and explore different parts of the country.

The following is the list of places that I have visited and I strongly recommend for one and all:

  1. At the Top - 124th floor observatory in Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world
  2. Musical Fountain at Dubai Mall - every half hour from 6 p.m. till 11 p.m. every day
  3. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo in Dubai Mall
  4. Ice Rink in Dubai Mall
  5. Ski Dubai in Mall of the Emirates
  6. Ibn Batuta Mall - architecture from different parts of the world, viz., China, India, Egypt, Persia, Tunisia, Andalusia
  7. Wafi Mall – there is a “Sound & Light” show at 9.30 p.m. which is very good and there is a beautiful Souk in the basement area which is worth touring
  8. Bur Juman Center – one of the oldest malls in Dubai at the centre of the City
  9. Festival City - Water Front and Ferrari Store
  10. Diera City Centre
  11. Mirdif City Centre
  12. Outlet Mall – all leading brands have their outlets in this mall where you will get some amazing deals on Shoes, Bags, Clothes and Watches & Accessories
  13. Dragon Mart - Chinese market for all products - 1.2 km long mall lined up with only chinese products
  14. Desert Safari – most exciting ride on the dunes, sunset view, dinner at camp area with Belly Dance
  15. Water Taxi Ride – you could go from the old city area Bur Dubai or Diera upto Dubai Marina
  16. Wonder Bus Ride - from Burjuman Centre - both land and sea trip on the bus
  17. Dubai Metro - longest driverless train service in the world – underground in the main business district and then you get into the elevated track to enjoy the picturesque beauty of Dubai
  18. Jumeirah Open Beach - drive upto Burj Al Arab
  19. Palm Jumeirah - mono rail ride and drive around the West Crescent and East Crescent Road
  20. JBR Walk - Dubai Marina
  21. Dubai Motor City - GoKarting both Indoor and Outdoor
  22. Dubai Zoo on Jumeirah Beach Road
  23. Dubai Museum in Bur Dubai
  24. Dubai Dolphinarium in Creek Park - Magic Show, Sea Lion Show and Dolphin Show
  25. Children's City in Creek Park
  26. Car Showrooms on Sheikh Zayed Road
  27. Drive on Hatta Road
  28. Meena Bazaar – textile market – famous for Pakistani Dress Materials for ladies
  29. Gold Souq – the one and only Gold Market in the world with hundreds of Jewelry Shops
  30. Dhow Cruise on Dubai Creek – you could enjoy a quiet Dinner on the creek
  31. Ras Al Khor – Bird Sanctuary
  32. Meydan – Race Track for Horse Racing with a fantastic multi level viewing gallery
  33. SkyDive in Dubai Marina
  34. Global Village – Open from November to March – pavilions of over 40 countries
  35. Ajman Beach
  36. Sharjah Corniche
  37. Sharjah Al Jazeera Park
  38. Sharjah Aquarium and Marine Museum
  39. Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi – fantasy world of Ferrari with some fantastic rides
  40. Al Ain Zoo
  41. Jebel Hafeet in Al Ain
  42. Dibba and Musandam – day cruise – beautiful cruise along the coast of Oman

Visit the different parts of the Country and enjoy your forthcoming Eid Holidays.

T.P.Anand
Dubai, U.A.E.
12th October 2012

9 comments:

  1. Very True. TP enjoys showing the places he has visited. When I was in Dubai, I was moved to tears when he took me everywhere & I had to refuse going with him as he would not permit me to spend. His heart is bigger than his frame.
    Thank you TP for showing me Dubai in June 2012 & Singapore in 1990. I can never do what you have done for me. Much Love, Sriraj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gone to most of these places when I was in Dubai with TP. He is really fond of taking his friends & his friends friend who ever visits Dubai. He also never feels tired to drive and one of the EID holidays in Dubai, we drove down to Muscat & also went around Muscat.

    All places mentioned above are worth watching and TP has made it easier for people who are planning to visit Dubai.

    Thanks & Take care,
    Karthik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mega useful TP ! Inspite of living here for long, I must admit your list had some new places for me to discover . The Abu Dhabi big mosque - Sheikh Zayed mosque I just visited and quite liked. You may want to add this attraction to TP tours ..

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Its really nice reading. Thanks for sending the link. I find your blog very useful. You have listed comprehensively all the places to visit in UAE. Though I have been here for quite some time now and I do long drive regularly, I haven't seen many places. I wish I travel in water taxi/bus, see Wafi evening show, etc. Hopefully I will join you sometime, when you plan a long drive during any of the holidays.

    Thanks a lot once again,

    Regards,

    Chandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anand,

    I was planning my Eid holidays. Its really useful.
    Thanks..

    Best regards,
    Jim Joseph Itty, FCA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, we have lived here a long time,but have not visited quite a few of the places.

    We now have a list to visit.

    Thank you.

    Rajesh.Mirchandani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sriraj, Karthik, Rose, Chandra, Jim & Rajesh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visited few of them, now since I have the list with me, I shall tour the remaining parts of Dubai...(Thanks to Mr. TP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sir
    Amazing write up. A tourist’s perfect guide. A check list for residents too.
    Fantastic
    Good day
    BagvadeEswar S

    ReplyDelete