Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DREAMS

Dreams are not mere nonsense they are fulfillment of desires. This is a popular quote that I read somewhere about 30 years ago. Dr.Abdul Kalam has asked the youngsters in India to dream and realise their dreams.

I have always believed in the above quote that "dreams are fulfillment of desires". We can have dreams both while sleeping as well as when we are awake. The dreams that are seen when we are awake are called "day dreaming".

I had a dream of becoming a Chartered Accountant. It looked highly impossible given my scholastic record at school. It became a reality in 1987. I had a dream of going to Singapore in the early 80's. I wanted to spend a few days to go around Singapore especially Tiger Balm Gardens (which is now called Haw Par Villa). I wanted to buy "San Hua" shoes, Casio Watch, Jaguar Pant bit. It looked like it will remain a dream to be never realised. That dream became reality in 1990 and I not only visited Singapore but ended up living there for almost three years. When I was going around the city of Chennai in my bicycle in the early 80's I used to dream of going by Car. It became a reality in 90's. There are several such dreams which have become reality in my life.

Whilst it is good to dream and great to realise the dreams and fulfill the desires, it is also strange that there are still some dreams which keeps haunting us. I have not been able to comprehend and understand some of the dreams which keep coming once in a while. I dream of flying by using my hands as wings; I dream of having to write my B.Com exams; I dream of having to write my CA Exams; I dream of not attending college for a long time and going back to college to catch up on the old lessons ....... These are strange dreams which keep coming repeatedly (once in a while) in the past 25 years.

Couple of my dreams have been captured as articles in my blog in the past (a) ஹங்கேரியில் ஒரு ஆக்ராஹர்ரம் (Hungariyil oru Agraharam) (b) Ocean Receding Day. Some of the dreams are very clear in mind with recollection of the entire sequence. Some of the dreams are very faint and can be recalled only as an outline.

On the whole I enjoy having dreams and love to remember the details of the dream.

T.P.Anand
Dubai, U.A.E.
27th March 2012

2 comments:

  1. Dreams are not mere nonsense, they are absolute sense. Wait for my post on this in my blog www.sathyamurthy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one and its true.

    ReplyDelete