Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DON'T


Don't is a word that is very frequently used by us in our daily life. We use this word to caution the other person on what we do not want. But the reality is we end up getting what we do not want. Why does this happen to us every time in life. The human brain cannot process the word "Don't". If I say "Don't think of a white elephant". You will immediately think of a White Elephant. When we tell our child "Don't run" the child will immediately start running.

I used to say that "I don't want to live in an apartment" and I have lived in an apartment for over 20 years. This is called "Law of Attraction". The more we think about something the more chances of it coming true. It is then better to think of positive actions and positive results rather than think of negative actions and negative results.

Instead of using the word "Don't" which anyway the human brain does not process, it would be better to use positive phrases in what we speak. It is very easily said but to practice this consciously it would take a lot of effort and focus. Instead of telling the child "Don't Run" we can tell the child "I want you to stay with me and hold my hands while we are walking".

Positive thinking and positive actions will lead to positive energy. Positive Energy within and around us will bring overall prosperity, peace and happiness.

T.P.Anand
Dubai, U.A.E.
18th April 2012

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! This one was really wonderful.

    Angelina C.Pontes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now realize why I should not have told you "don't write too often". In short, you are telling all the readers "don't use the word don't". You are probably thinking that such double negative will make it a positive statement.

    Now, don't tell me that you don't want to make my positive assessment correct. I don't think you will say that way. I am sure you don't also think like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murthy in logical terms it is called...
    Affirming the consequent/Denying the antecedent
    Affirming the consequent and Denying the antecedent: draws a conclusion from premises that do not support that conclusion by confusing necessary and sufficient conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bandhu,

      Don't watch too much Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister.

      :-)

      Sam

      Delete